My message to humanity “let’s keep our oceans/seas clean so our future generations can experience what we have today.” 😊
Monthly Archives: June 2015
The other day I was talking to an old man who was suicidal. He attempted suicide twice in the past. He asked me what kind of drug would help him succeed this time? I was alarmed. He is an 80-year-old rich man who was well retired with no family problems what-so-ever. How do I know? I live next door to them. I have known this family for a while. I asked him – “It is recently scorning 45 degrees hot in Hyderabad. I saw people begging in this God damn heat on the street with no foot wear or home to live. I felt so bad for them. Now tell me grandpa? You are in good health, have a family who loves you and takes care of you, have a roof on your head, have food to eat, have no personal problems. what more you need?” He kept quiet. May be he is lonely, may be had some issues that he cannot share, may be he is depressed. I asked the family to take him for a consult just in case.
As a HSP I am very prone to melancholy so I try to keep myself optimistic while in hindrance. I think as humans we often take things for granted. We never appreciate what we have and always seek for something more. It is nothing wrong to be selfish enough to seek more. It’s just while we do that we need to keep an eye on the present. Appreciate the little things that make us happy on a daily basis. As a single woman, I enjoy my FREEDOM more than anything in the world. I have been living on my own for more than a year which is great being independent. Mostly I love my job. As a doctor, I get to help people which makes me happy. I think GIVING is the most benevolent thing my grandpa has taught me. On the contrary my life is really boring right now. I still need to get married, get settled by doing post graduation, be successful and start a family. I get stressed out whenever people poke and prod me with questions regarding my love and career. But you know what? It will happen when the time is right. There is no way you can force destiny which is why many people end up unhappy with careers or marriages they don’t like or get divorced. I am sure there are other people who are in the same boat as I am. So lets take a moment and be thankful for what we have in our lives. I made a list of mine:
1. GOOD HEALTH : As a doctor, I often see cases that have life long restrictions. Fluid restriction in heart or kidney failure, carb restriction in diabetes, primary or secondary disabilities. I mean can you imagine being in their shoes? I am truly grateful for my health and my senses.
2. FAMILY: I have a very supportive family who stand by my thick and thin.
3. FRIENDS : In this appalling world, its good to find good people who give you their best.
4. FAITH : I am agnostic and I love God. Faith is what keeps me alive & optimistic.
5. LOVE : Whether its self-love or love from your family & friends, it is wonderful.
6. FREEDOM : Freedom of speech, freedom of living alone, freedom of doing whatever the heck you want. Being in a relationship is a change everyone must face, it is definitely a good thing. But can you imagine being single and sexy? You can do anything you want in the world so savor it! Enjoy it while it lasts.
7. NATURE : I think the creator made this beautiful world filled with greeneries, flowers and mountains, sunrises and sunsets, the smell of lavender, the healing power of peppermint. Nature therapy is a blessing.
8. CAREER : Cheers to all of us who love their jobs.
9. KIND STRANGERS : This surprises me often. There are so many people who do good selflessly that we meet on a daily basis. They inspire and humble me.
10. SILENCE & PEACE : This is a must for me as an ambivert. I get to re-energize because of silence. I get to reevaluate my life, I study well in this environment, I pray and meditate. Silence stimulates creativity.
There are other things in the list like facing challenges, I am in a catch 22 situation right now but imagine if I don’t face it how can I appreciate my success? My journeys, my experiences, mistakes, ancestors, science, medicine, home, food, entertainment, music & dance, laughter, talents, pets, technology, culture & diversity. Every beautiful thing in this world that makes me happy, I am eternally thankful. Please do not forget to count your blessings even if they are little. 🙂